Mid week smooze

Mid week, this morning is a fine example of the inequities in our individual approach to creative endeavours. Thankfully we are all very different people, a key factor in determining the nature of 'sound-scapes' we produce. Of course our differences go beyond musical preference, through our daily activities, energy levels, shit breaks, volume of tea/coffee/wine drunk, etc.

 

What I find fascinating is the way in which we as humans assess and place emphasis on things in such different ways. Beyond the basic human essentials of heat, food and sleep it just goes bat-shit crazy. To illustrate, at the very base level… I like to get up when I wake up, no alarm… others like to get up at a consistent time every day… or get up when the sounds of the day prevent rest, none of which I see as wrong. A simple obvious, statement…  But herein lays the fascination! I see these simple threads of preference stretch out to rehearsing, ideas, creation, and they are SO varied that it blows my mind. I'm thankful for this; for our grouchy/wired/unconscious morning states, for volatile and refreshingly different creative ammunition, without which days here would all seem very generic.

 

Even if it means people would have me get up at 09:00...

No comments:

Blog Archive